TomTheGeek

All the geeky stuff that gets me hot.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

TiVo, TiVo, wherefore art thou, Tivo!

TiVo, I love you, but what the hell is wrong with you? How can it possibly take this long to come up with a dual tuner, cable card compatible box with a freaking optical audio out? That's all I want. Something that works with my digital cable signal and gives me full 5.1 surround sound when it's available. It doesn't even have to be dual tuner, I'll deal with recording one thing at a time.

Instead you take years to come out with a dual tuner verison of the same thing. Wow, I'm really impressed. To be fair it may not be your fault, who knows what the cable companies are doing to prevent your success but still, your definitely dragging ass here.

While your out there making nifty software like TiVo2go I'm stuck in DVR hell with the box that Charter shoved down my throat. It's hot in here TiVo. I want you back.

Update: Well would you look at that, TiVo might have actually listened!

1 Comments:

  • Nothing has changed, the Series3 is still due later this year, along with the software for the Comcast DVRs.

    Personally TiVo is more important than HD, so I'm sticking with TiVo. Others use the cable DVR only for HD, and TiVo for everything else.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home