TomTheGeek

All the geeky stuff that gets me hot.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Do I want an iPhone?

Do I want an iPhone? It's a question I've been asking myself for a while and I'm still not sure. On one hand it's gonna be a pretty fancy phone that's sure to get oohs and aahs whenever I take it out, on the other hand it's not really that extensible of a platform.

By that I mean I won't really have full control over what the phone can and can't do. Not that I have complete control now with Windows Mobile Platform but so far it seems like I will have more control than with the iPhone.

Right now I have the tools to write a program
myself that I could run on my phone. If Apple doesn't let me do that then I don't think I want an iPhone, no matter how fancy and slick it is.

I'm out of contract and I've had my current phone for quite a while so I'm in the perfect position to upgrade to an iPhone but I guess I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on one before I decide.

I'm really tempted to wait for the HTC Kaiser. All the same features as my Cingular 8125 but with GPS, High speed data and the display flips(!!).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home