Reset a Lexmark Multi Function Printer
We accidentally set a bad password on a Lexmark X422 and I couldn't find the procedure to reset it anywhere. I contacted Lexmark support and they sent me the steps to get into the configuration menu where you can reset the printer back to factory defaults.
- Press and hold the Start and Stop buttons and turn on the printer.
- Hold the buttons down until “Performing Self Test” is displayed on the LCD.
- Release the buttons and “Configuration Menu” is displayed.
- Scroll to the RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS item on the menu and press select.
- Now scroll to RESTORE BASE and press select this sould reset your network card password. There is also a RESTORE NETWORK, this will erase the network configuration but will not reset the password.