TomTheGeek

All the geeky stuff that gets me hot.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Picture Frame, Booting


Picture Frame, Booting
Originally uploaded by TomTheGeek.
I took an old laptop we had at work and turned it into a digital picture frame using Damn Small Linux. It has an SSH and FTP server on it so I can add pictures to it pretty easily. Here it is booting up.

I will be making a second one of these using my own laptop. It will be a little different because it doesn't have a HD and I will be using a wireless card in it. I want to try and use Linux if I can but my WiFi card isn't supported very well. If I can't get the ndiswrapper to work I will just use a BartPE boot disk like I am using now.

2 Comments:

  • a while back I noticed your post on installing bluetooth inside of a laptop and I just saw this post on the laptop picture frame. Would you know how to turn the screen off of a compac pressario x1000 wide screen into an extra laptop monitor? I have both the screen and the ATI mobility radeon video card that the screen was attached to inside of the laptop. My email address is harlequingraphics@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM CST  

  • I walked past that thing a couple of times before noticing it wasn't a photo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home