TomTheGeek

All the geeky stuff that gets me hot.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Maybe a ReplayTV?

I am trying out my new Motorola Moxi DVR that I got from Charter and it works well enough but there are some nagging issues that while not big enough to make me switch yet they are really annoying. The biggest issue I have with it is that it does not have a 30 second skip function. It used to, but then Charter turned it into a 15 minute skip function which is pretty much usless. I'm sure they did this so you can't easily skip the commercials which is the whole point of the 30 skip. It does have dual tuners which is really nice and because I'm avoiding an extra encoding through the S-Video port like I would with my TiVo the picture really looks a lot sharper. Those two factors are keeping me from switching to a ReplayTV, which has digital audio but has the 30 second skip and they are really cheap, $50 for a 160 hour version after rebate. So I guess I'm going to stick with my Moxi for now but if they better be walking on eggshells 'cause it won't take much for me to dump them.

1 Comments:

  • heh i have yet to get into recording stuff from tv. i dont really watch much of it, the only shows i really dig are most news stuff and maybe the movie channels too.. saw a HORRIBLE movie on cinemax today, called the fortress. i dont highly recommend it but if you see it, there are some highlights. (the intestinator)

    By Blogger m, at 11:42 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home